- COMPATIBLE WITH:Windows 7 / 7 64 bit / 8 / 8 64 bit / 8.1 / 8.1 64 bit / 10 / 10 64 bit
- File size :3.2 MB
Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition VBIOS 86.04.50.00.01 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 10 64 bit
– Improved overclocking capability of memory GDDR5 Micron.
VBIOS change procedures :
1. Check for the exact model name / SKU of the graphics card
Look for the model name / SKU numbers from the product
2. Run Firestorm (Ver. 2.0.012E or newer) to ensure the graphics card is carrying Micron memory.
Click the Firestorm Version / Info box to bring up the information page, to see the memory type / brand.
3. Download the ZIP file containing the target updated “Micron memory” VBIOS for the graphics card
4. Extract all folders and files from the ZIP file, copy to the PC platform (containg the target graphics card) Hard Drive / SSD
5. Determine the proper Operating System (Windows) type
Different folders for 32bit / 64bit Windows, pick the matched VBIOS (.EXE) file inside the folder.
6. Run the .EXE by clicking at the file, wait for the VBIOS change to complete
The PC will reboot automatically after the VBIOS writing is completed.
About Video BIOS (VBIOS) Software:
Since every computer system contains a graphics chip, a video BIOS software is required for the GPU to be enabled before any OS is installed. This software allows the graphics chipset to receive the proper functions that will help various programs to access the component.
Updating your graphics card video BIOS (VBIOS) can fix different display and memory corruption issues, configure various cooling-related options, improve the overall performance, enhance features (or add support for new ones), and include many other changes.
Performing this task involves high risks, which means that the VBIOS upgrade should be initiated in a steady power environment, such as the one ensured by a UPS unit, and only by users who have the knowledge to successfully apply the new software; regular users can only install a new version at their own risk.
As for the update method, each manufacturer developed their own way for applying a new video BIOS version, so carefully read and understand the steps. Moreover, after installing a new version, make sure you reboot your system manually so that the changes take effect.
With this in mind, once you have familiarized yourself with the upgrade method, download the package, apply it on your system and enjoy your newly updated graphics card. Moreover, constantly check with our website so that you don’t miss a single new release.