This is the stock recovery OS for Software Upgrade 5.0.0 of the NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET 8 (WiFi version). Flash this image to your device to return the device to its stock state.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:Android
- File size :2.3 GB
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet WiFi Recovery OS Firmware 5.0.0 for Android
This update for SHIELD tablet upgrades the Operating System to Android version 7.0 Nougat and includes new features, important system enhancements & bug fixes such as:
New Multitasking Features:
– Split-screen: Run two apps side by side in Portrait or Landscape modes
– Quick switch: Double tap the Overview button to quickly switch back to the last opened app
SHIELD (2017) Controller:
– Updates to SHIELD controller support
SHIELD Rewards Program:
– Introducing SHIELD Rewards, the exclusive loyalty program for SHIELD owners
– Multiple notifications from the same app are now bundled for a streamlined experience
– Reply to messages directly from within the notification
– Tap and hold on a notification to quickly silence or block notifications from the app
Improved Power Consumption:
– Doze on the Go: Doze is now smarter & kicks in even when the device is being carried around
– Includes all-new Unicode 9 emojis
– Display & Font size can now separately adjustable to improve readability or screenspace
– Quick Settings can now be customized directly from the menu by tapping “Edit”
– The top Quick Setting tiles can now be accessed with a downward swipe from the lock screen
– Settings now includes a Navigation Menu & Suggestions to improve usability
– The “Clear all” option in Overview have been relocated to the top right
System wide improvements including:
– New Data Saver: when enabled, limits access to Cellular data for background apps
– New JIT compiler: improves the speed of App & System updates
– Update to Android Security Patch Level December 1, 2016
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING A MICROSD CARD IN THIS SHIELD TABLET:
– In Android 6.0 there are changes to how expanded storage works. After this upgrade, there will be 2 ways to setup the MicroSD card, please read carefully:
– Portable Storage: This option will not delete data from the SD card.
– Internal Storage: This option wipes all data from the SD card. If you are currently storing data the SD card, please make sure it is first backed up
– NVIDIA recommends to back up the MicroSD card prior to downloading this update
SHIELD TABLET RECOVERY IMAGE FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS
– To follow the instructions you will need adb and fastboot.
– These tools are provided as part of the Android SDK.
– Before flashing this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, connect your SHIELD TABLET via USB to the PC where you downloaded this recovery image.
– Next, put your SHIELD TABLET into fastboot mode using one of the following methods:
– Boot to android home screen
– Connect the device to linux/windows system
– Open terminal (on linux); command prompt (on windows).
– Type “adb reboot bootloader” in terminal/command prompt
– Turn off the device
– Press “Volume Down” -> “Power”, hold “Volume Down” and leave Power buttons till device boots
To flash this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, run the following commands from the directory where you extracted the recovery image package. If this is the first time you have done this procedure, you must unlock the bootloader (see below):
– fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
– fastboot flash boot boot.img
– fastboot flash system system.img
– fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
– fastboot flash staging blob
Unlocking the Bootloader:
– Your SHIELD TABLET may have shipped with a locked bootloader. To update the device, you must unlock the bootloader using the following: fastboot oem unlock, Press the “Volume Down” button to select “Unlock bootloader” option on device, Press the “Power” button to confirm the unlock. Your device’s bootloader is now unlocked.
About Tablet Firmware:
By applying this firmware, your tablet can benefit from improved system stability, network-related functions and performance, enhanced touch experience, various fixes for problems encountered throughout the device’s usage time, as well as several other changes.
The installation process isn’t much of a hassle because each manufacturer tries to make it as easy as possible: usually, you must transfer the new firmware to the tablet, and initiate the upgrade from the setup menu.
However, due to the large number of tablets and manufacturers, as well as various ways for entering update mode, we recommend that you read the installation guide, and perform the upgrade only once you have familiarized yourself with the steps.
Bear in mind that, before you get this release, you must check to see if the available firmware is developed for your tablet model and SKU (stock keeping unit) – if you apply an incompatible software, the device will encounter serious malfunctions and can even be rendered unusable.
Therefore, if this package is developed for your tablet, click the download button, refer to the update instructions, and apply the new firmware. Also, don’t forget to constantly check our website so that you don’t miss any new releases.