This is the stock recovery OS for Software Upgrade 4.3.0 of the NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET 8 (LTE version sold inside the USA (LTE USA)). Flash this image to your device to return the device to its stock state.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:Android
- File size :2.3 GB
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet LTE USA Recovery OS Firmware 4.4.0 for Android
This update for SHIELD tablet contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:
– Conformity with Vulkan 22.214.171.124 CTS
– Fixed boot loop issue with certain SD cards nearing their capacity limit
– Fixed Android Privilege Escalation Exploit (CVE-2016-5195)
– Overall stability and security improvements
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING A MICROSD CARD IN THIS SHIELD TABLET:
– In Android 6.0 there are changes to how expanded storage works. After this upgrade, there will be 2 ways to setup the MicroSD card, please read carefully:
– Portable Storage: This option will not delete data from the SD card.
– Internal Storage: This option wipes all data from the SD card. If you are currently storing data the SD card, please make sure it is first backed up
– NVIDIA recommends to back up the MicroSD card prior to downloading this update
SHIELD TABLET RECOVERY IMAGE FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS
– To follow the instructions you will need adb and fastboot.
– These tools are provided as part of the Android SDK.
– Before flashing this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, connect your SHIELD TABLET via USB to the PC where you downloaded this recovery image.
– Next, put your SHIELD TABLET into fastboot mode using one of the following methods:
– Boot to android home screen
– Connect the device to linux/windows system
– Open terminal (on linux); command prompt (on windows).
– Type “adb reboot bootloader” in terminal/command prompt
– Turn off the device
– Press “Volume Down” -> “Power”, hold “Volume Down” and leave Power buttons till device boots
To flash this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, run the following commands from the directory where you extracted the recovery image package. If this is the first time you have done this procedure, you must unlock the bootloader (see below):
– fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
– fastboot flash boot boot.img
– fastboot flash system system.img
– fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
– fastboot flash staging blob
Unlocking the Bootloader:
– Your SHIELD TABLET may have shipped with a locked bootloader. To update the device, you must unlock the bootloader using the following: fastboot oem unlock, Press the “Volume Down” button to select “Unlock bootloader” option on device, Press the “Power” button to confirm the unlock. Your device’s bootloader is now unlocked.
About Tablet Firmware:
By applying this firmware, your tablet can benefit from improved system stability, network-related functions and performance, enhanced touch experience, various fixes for problems encountered throughout the device’s usage time, as well as several other changes.
The installation process isn’t much of a hassle because each manufacturer tries to make it as easy as possible: usually, you must transfer the new firmware to the tablet, and initiate the upgrade from the setup menu.
However, due to the large number of tablets and manufacturers, as well as various ways for entering update mode, we recommend that you read the installation guide, and perform the upgrade only once you have familiarized yourself with the steps.
Bear in mind that, before you get this release, you must check to see if the available firmware is developed for your tablet model and SKU (stock keeping unit) – if you apply an incompatible software, the device will encounter serious malfunctions and can even be rendered unusable.
Therefore, if this package is developed for your tablet, click the download button, refer to the update instructions, and apply the new firmware. Also, don’t forget to constantly check our website so that you don’t miss any new releases.