- COMPATIBLE WITH:Windows 7 / 7 64 bit / OS Independent / 8.1 64 bit / 10 64 bit
- File size :5.4 MB
Gigabyte GA-Z270MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) BIOS F2 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, OS Independent, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit
– Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel Core Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C and Type-A
– 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable Design
– Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
– NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 Connector
– Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
– Intel Optane Memory Ready
– ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp
– Killer E2500 Gaming Network
– USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
– RGB FUSION LED Light Show design
– Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
– Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers
– Lightning-Fast Intel Thunderbolt 3 AIC Support
– GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS
– APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
– V core voltage adjust
– A BIOS flash utility embedded in Flash ROM. Not all motherboards have the Q-Flash, please use @BIOS or DOS flash utility to update BIOS if your motherboard does not have Q-Flash.
– Features: With this utility, you only have to stay in the BIOS menu when you want to update BIOS. No need to enter DOS or O.S. mode.
– Caution: Make sure you have a functional floppy disk with the correct BIOS version for your motherboard.
– A Windows-based BIOS live update utility.
– Features: @BIOS helps you search for, download, and then update the latest BIOS in Windows operating system.
– Caution: Make sure your O.S. environment is stable.
DOS Flash utility:
– Features: The flash utility is a combination of AMI and AWARD BIOS flash utility. You can use it with both AMI and AWARD BIOS.
– Caution: Make sure you have a functional DOS boot disk with the correct BIOS version for your motherboard.
About OS Independent BIOS:
Although installing a newer BIOS version might add new features, update various components, or improve the device’s usability, this process is very risky, so the upgrade is recommended to be performed only when it is really needed.
In addition to that, this task should be performed by someone who has the knowledge to successfully complete the installation; regular users may fulfill it at their own risk.
When it comes to applying a new version without taking into account the computer’s operating system, the most commonly used method to flash the BIOS is by creating a bootable USB or CD containing the update file, and running it from DOS.
Still, regardless of the method used or whether the upgrade is performed by a regular or power user, it’s recommended that the new BIOS be applied in a steady power environment such as the one ensured by a UPS unit.
The Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is a very important software that loads the currently installed OS, and tests all of the system’s hardware components – so make sure you flash it correctly.
Bear in mind that failing to perform a successful installation could seriously damage your device, and the faulty BIOS resulted from the process might even render it unusable.
So, if this release includes useful changes, hit the download button, get the package, and update your BIOS version. Otherwise, check with our website as often as possible, so that you don’t miss the release that you need.