- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :7.6 MB
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC DT VBIOS 86.06.39.00.62 for OS Independent
– Updated fan curve for reduced PWM temperature
– EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 (For Dual BIOS cards, card must be set to BIOS that is being flashed): Primary BIOS
Windows (64bit) Installation:
– Download the correct .zip file below for your graphics card below. ENSURE THE PART NUMBER MATCHES.
– Extract the files to a location on disk.
– Make sure no programs are running in the background, and double click update.exe.
– Press “Y” to begin the update.
– DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR RESET DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS!
– After update, restart PC.
About Video BIOS (VBIOS) Software:
Since every computer system contains a graphics chip, a video BIOS software is required for the GPU to be enabled before any OS is installed. This software allows the graphics chipset to receive the proper functions that will help various programs to access the component.
Updating your graphics card video BIOS (VBIOS) can fix different display and memory corruption issues, configure various cooling-related options, improve the overall performance, enhance features (or add support for new ones), and include many other changes.
Performing this task involves high risks, which means that the VBIOS upgrade should be initiated in a steady power environment, such as the one ensured by a UPS unit, and only by users who have the knowledge to successfully apply the new software; regular users can only install a new version at their own risk.
As for the update method, each manufacturer developed their own way for applying a new video BIOS version, so carefully read and understand the steps. Moreover, after installing a new version, make sure you reboot your system manually so that the changes take effect.
With this in mind, once you have familiarized yourself with the upgrade method, download the package, apply it on your system and enjoy your newly updated graphics card. Moreover, constantly check with our website so that you don’t miss a single new release.