The AsusWrt-Merlin firmware was developed with the primary goal of boosting the original ASUS firmware, fix bugs and also add new improvements. This package includes a customized firmware targeted at ASUS routers that brings various changes without modifying the interface of the original firmware.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :45.9 MB
AsusWrt-Merlin Firmware 380.63.2 for RT-AC87U for OS Independent
– CHANGED: Added detection for iPhone 7 models in networkmap (patch by Andrei Coman).
– CHANGED: Enabled –dns-loop-detect support in dnsmasq
– CHANGED: Move Dual WAN static routes to a lower priority, so VPN policy rules will have priority over them
– FIXED: Traditional QoS labels were off by one on the Stats page.
– FIXED: Adaptive QoS upload stats couldn’t be retrieved because qosd seems to be hardcoded to always set up classes on eth0 rather than on the real WAN interface.
– FIXED: USB driver was removed too early at shutdown time on the RT-AC56U and RT-AC87U (fix by john9527)
– This custom firmware can be applied like any regular update.
– You should not need to reset to factory defaults.
– You can revert back to an original ASUS firmware at any time.
– Do not load a saved copy of your settings.
About Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.