The AsusWrt-Merlin firmware was developed with the primary goal of boosting the original ASUS firmware, fix bugs and also add new improvements. This package includes a customized firmware targeted at ASUS routers ads brings various changes without modifying the interface of the original firmware.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :45.9 MB
AsusWrt-Merlin Firmware 380.63.0 for RT-AC87R for OS Independent
– NEW: QoS Statistics page, showing the amount of traffic assigned to each available classes, as well as the current throughput.
– NEW: Charts added to various Traffic Monitor pages. Note that you can click on legend items to reveal/hide the DL/UL data. Hovering over a bar or a pie slice will display the exact value for that item.
– NEW: Added pc_delete() to the helper script (patch by john95287)
– NEW: IPv6 firewall now supports fixed interface ID (EUI64) ipv6 destination addresses (Patch by john9527)
– CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.8.9
– CHANGED: Updated OUI database.
– CHANGED: ipset was updated to version 6.29 on ARM models. IMPORTANT: this means you will probably need to update your script to the new syntax. You need to load the xt_set.ko module at the start of your script. There has been no change to MIPS models, due to their older kernel. (original code by Shibby and Victek, Asuswrt port by john9527) (ARM only)
– CHANGED: OpenVPN policy rules now start at prio 10000 instead of 1000
– CHANGED: Added help popups to various settings that are unique to Asuswrt-Merlin.
– FIXED: Custom group/shadow/passwd weren’t applied at boot time.
– FIXED: CVE-2016-5195 (Dirty COW) vulnerability in kernel (patches by blackfuel and Joseph A. Yasi)
– FIXED: Network Service Filter rules would only apply to clients under Parental Control if that was enabled (original debugging by john9527) (Asus bug)
– FIXED: A few memory leaks in httpd and rc services.
– This custom firmware can be applied like any regular update.
– You should not need to reset to factory defaults.
– You can revert back to an original ASUS firmware at any time.
– Do not load a saved copy of your settings.
About Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.