- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :2.8 MB
ASUS RP-N12 Wireless Repeater Firmware 18.104.22.168c for OS Independent
Wireless-N300 Repeater / Access Point / Media Bridge
– External antenna enhances Wi-Fi signal coverage and boosts your Wi-Fi everywhere
– Quick setup with just a press of the WPS button
– Smart LED signal indicator helps you find the best location for optimum Wi-Fi performance
– Roaming Assist helps you to get a stable connection everywhere in the home or office
– Fixed a security vulnerability regarding CSRF (CVE-2016-6557)
– Fixed a security vulnerability regarding command injection (CVE-2016-6558).
– Fixed WPS PIN code displaying issue in web GUI.
– Added new firmware notification function in web GUI.
– Force user to change the default login password.
How to upgrade ASUS router or range extender firmware manually:
Step 1: Download the latest firmware for your device
Step 2: Find IP address of your device
Step 3: Upload the firmware onto your device
– After logging in your ASUS networking device, click the ‘Firmware Version’ number at the top of the page.
– Click ‘Choose File’ button on the Firmware Upgrade page.
– Select the unzipped firmware .trx file and click ‘Open’ button at the bottom right corner.
– Check the file you selected is the correct one. Click ‘Upload’ at the bottom.
– Wait for 3 minutes until the firmware file is uploaded to your device.
– After the upgrade of the firmware is completed, press on/off button on your device to reboot it manually.
– Upon rebooting, log in your device again and check the firmware version to make sure the latest version has been successfully installed.
About Access Point Firmware:
If you update the Access Point (AP) firmware, your device can benefit from changes that fix multiple issues encountered by wireless clients, correct different user interface problems, add various functionalities, and include support for newly developed protocols.
Before performing this task, we recommend that you read and understand all the installation steps, because there are many AP models and manufacturers available. Each producer strives to make the procedure as simple as possible, but there are cases when it’s anything but that.
It is also advisable that you apply a new access point firmware in a steady power environment (UPS unit will satisfy this need), using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection. The latter can be easily interrupted.
With this in mind, if you wish to apply this version, click the download button and install the package on your access point. Remember to check back with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss a single new release.