- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :10.5 MB
ASUS RP-AC56 Wireless Repeater Firmware 188.8.131.52.378.6655 for OS Independent
Wireless-AC1200 Dual-band AP/Repeater/Media bridge
– Extend your existing 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi network with speeds up to 1167 Mbps.
– Two external antennas enhance Wi-Fi signal coverage and boost your Wi-Fi everywhere.
– Quick setup with just a press of the WPS button.
– Smart LED signal indicator helps you find the best location for optimum Wi-Fi performance.
– Rotating mains plug for flexible positioning in any power socket.
– ASUS AiPlayer app for streaming music, with multi-protocol support.
– ASUS ExpressWay uses full-speed device connections to boost performance.
– Roaming Assist helps you to get a stable connection everywhere in the home or office.
How to upgrade ASUS router or range extender firmware manually:
Step 1: Download the latest firmware for your device
Step 2: Find IP address of your device
Step 3: Upload the firmware onto your device
– After logging in your ASUS networking device, click the ‘Firmware Version’ number at the top of the page.
– Click ‘Choose File’ button on the Firmware Upgrade page.
– Select the unzipped firmware .trx file and click ‘Open’ button at the bottom right corner.
– Check the file you selected is the correct one. Click ‘Upload’ at the bottom.
– Wait for 3 minutes until the firmware file is uploaded to your device.
– After the upgrade of the firmware is completed, press on/off button on your device to reboot it manually.
– Upon rebooting, log in your device again and check the firmware version to make sure the latest version has been successfully installed.
About Access Point Firmware:
If you update the Access Point (AP) firmware, your device can benefit from changes that fix multiple issues encountered by wireless clients, correct different user interface problems, add various functionalities, and include support for newly developed protocols.
Before performing this task, we recommend that you read and understand all the installation steps, because there are many AP models and manufacturers available. Each producer strives to make the procedure as simple as possible, but there are cases when it’s anything but that.
It is also advisable that you apply a new access point firmware in a steady power environment (UPS unit will satisfy this need), using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection. The latter can be easily interrupted.
With this in mind, if you wish to apply this version, click the download button and install the package on your access point. Remember to check back with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss a single new release.