- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :7.6 MB
ASUS DSL-N12E (Ver.C1) Router Firmware 126.96.36.199.17 for OS Independent
– Now supports Web History feature(Traffic Manager > Web History).
– Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage router status and client devices and more.
– URL Filter now supports HTTPS sites blocking.
– Guest Network with additional Bandwidth Limiter feature.
– Support System Log > Active Connections feature.
– New IPTV design for ADSL.
– QIS now supports Germany ISP ADSL profiles. With specific settings for specific ISP, for both Internet/ IPTV services.
– Now supports URL Filter – White List/ Black List setting.
– Now supports built-in release note info, display if new/ beta firmware detected. With additional Get Beta Firmware option.
– Enhanced the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.
– Added protection mechanism for GUI login brute-force attack for login username and password.
– Added authentication checking in HTTP POST packets.
– Fixed LPR buffer overflow issue.
– Fixed page redirect/ XSS security related issues.
– Remote DHCP information disclosure.
ADSL WAN (ATM) QIS manual setting list updated,
– Add Australia ISP, Dodo (PPPoE).
– Add Australia ISP, Dodo (PPPoA).
– Add Italy ISP, EOLO.
– Add Italy ISP, TIM (PPPoE).
– Modify Italy ISP, TIN -> TIM (PPPoA).
– Add Greece ISP, Otenet, ADSL+IPTV service.
– Add Greece ISP HOL, ADSL+IPTV service.
– Add United Kingdom ISP, Origin Broadband.
– Add United Kingdom ISP, Kcom.
– Add South Africa ISP, Vanilla.
– Add South Africa ISP, Imaginet.
– Add South Africa ISP option, Other ISP.
– Add South Africa ISP, Crystal Web.
– Add Iran ISP, Bistnet.
– Add Iran ISP, TCT.
– Add Iran ISP, Shahrad.
– Add Iran ISP, TCI.
– Add Iran ISP, Hiweb.
– Add Iran ISP, Mci.
– Add Iran ISP, Mokhaberat.
– Add Iran ISP, Tcmnet.
– Add New Zealand ISP, TrustPower.
– Add Germany ISP, Deutsche Telekom, ADSL+IPTV service.
– Add Germany ISP, Vodafone, ADSL+IPTV service.
– Add India ISP, Reliance (PPPoE).
– Add India ISP, Reliance (MER).
– Add Algeria ISP, Jawab.
– Add Poland ISP, Orange.
– Add Uganda ISP, PoolDeep.
– Add Faroe Islands ISP, Foroya Tele.
Bug fixes and Enhancements:
– Support extended firmware version.
– Added deny ports in the miniupnpd configuration file. Avoid upnp misuse the ports added by other applications.
– Restart upnp when the iptables reserved ports were added or deleted.
– Fine tune IPv6 support, address related issues.
– Extend Parental Controls rule limit from 7 to 32.
– Fixed Bandwidth Limiter upload limit can’t work on ATM mode/ buffer overflow issue.
– Fixed QIS(Quick Internet Setup) related issues.
– Add UDP port 68 for WAN DHCP mode.
– Default set WPS to PBC mode.
– Fixed various UI related issues.
– ASUS member registration link added.
– Fixed no default route issue in certain case.
– Fixed possible Bandwidth Limiter can’t work after system reboot issue.
– Remove debug message of DDNS retry mechanism.
– Fixed the issue that igmpproxy and udpproxy sometimes not executed issue.
About Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.