The latest software version for Kindle (8th Generation) is 5.8.5. This update automatically downloads and installs on your Kindle (8th Generation) when connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:OS Independent
- File size :203 MB
Amazon Kindle 8th Generation Firmware 5.8.5 for OS Independent
This update includes performance improvements and the following new features:
– Improved Manga Experience: Reading manga on Kindle has been improved with faster page turns, zoom, and panning around a page. You can also press and hold for fast, continuous page turns.
– Redesigned Settings Menu: Settings have been refreshed with an easier-to-use design.
– Library View Improvement: Books that were manually loaded to your device will now appear in both the All and Downloaded library views.
Transfer & Install Software Updates Manually
– Download the applicable software update file.
– Transfer the software update file to your Kindle device:
– Turn on your Kindle and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
– Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive.
– Note: Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.
– Monitor file transfer and disconnect:
– After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
– Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
– From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
– Tap the Menu icon, and then tap Update Your Kindle. This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
– Tap OK to perform the update. You will see Your Kindle Is Updating.
– Once the update is complete, your Kindle will automatically restart.
About e-Reader Firmware:
Update your e-Reader firmware version to this release, and the device can get touch features improvements, application updates, usability and compatibility enhancements, as well as several other related changes.
If you want to apply this version, the installation process isn’t much of a hassle because each manufacturer tries to make it as easy as possible: most of the times, you need to transfer the new firmware to the e-Reader through the available methods, and initiate the upgrade from the setup menu.
Still, since there are several ways for entering update mode, and numerous e-Reader models and manufacturers, it would be best if you read the installation steps and follow them precisely.
Bear in mind that if you try to apply an incompatible firmware, or fail to completely perform the upgrade, the unit can encounter serious malfunctions and might even be rendered unusable.
Therefore, if this package is developed for your device, click the download button, get the package and apply the new firmware. Also, don’t forget to constantly check our website so that you don’t miss any new releases.